Here is the Satyam Computers Sample Placement Test Paper
PAPER 1 – General Aptitude
Directions: Choose the antonym for the given word among the four options given below:
English Language Verbal Section Questions – Objective Type / Multiple Choice:
(a) retract an offer
(b) refuse to endure
(c) shield from harm
(c) mildness of temperament
(d) lack of anxiety
Directions: Each question or group of questions is based on a passage or set of conditions. For each question, select the best answer among the choices provided below
In a certain society, there are two marriage groups, Red and Brown. No marriage is permitted within a group. On marriage, males become part of their wife’s group: women remain in their own group. Children belong to the same group as their parents. Widowers and divorced males revert to the group of their birth. Marriage to more than one person at the same time and marriage to a direct descendant are forbidden.
6. A Brown female could have had
I. a grandfather born Red
II. a grandmother born Red
III. two grandfathers born Brown
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) I and II only
(d) II and III only
(e) I,II and III
7. A male born into the Brown group may have
(a) an uncle in either group
(b) a Brown daughter
(c) a Brown son
(d) a son-in-law born into the Red group
(e) a daughter-in-law in the Red group
8. Which of the following is not permitted under the rules stated?
(a) A Brown male marrying his father’s sister
(b) A Red female marrying her mother’s brother
(c) A man born Red, who is now a widower, marrying his brother’s widow
(d) A widower marrying his wife’s sister
(e) A widow marrying her divorced daughter’s ex-husband
9. If widowers and divorced males retained the group they had upon marrying, which of the following would have been permissible?(Assume no previous marriages occurred)
(a) A woman marrying her dead sister’s husband
(b) A woman marrying her divorced daughter’s ex-husband.
(c) A widower marrying his brother’s daughter
(d) A woman marrying her mother’s brother, who is a widower
(e) A divorced male marrying his ex-wife’s divorced sister
Tom wishes to enroll in Latin AA, Sanskrit A, Armenian Literature 221, and Celtic Literature 701.
Latin AA meets five days a week, either from 9 to 11 A.M or from 2 to 4 P.M.
Sanskrit A meets either Tuesday and Thursday from 12 noon to 3 P.M., or Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 A.M to 12 noon.
Armenian Literature 221 meets either Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 12:30 to 2 P.M., or Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 A.M to 12:30 P.M
Celtic Literature 701 meets by arrangement with the instructor, the only requirement being that it meet for one four-hour session or two two-hour sessions per week, between 9A.M and 4 P.M from Monday to Friday, beginning on the hour.
10. Which combination is impossible for Tom?
(a) Latin in the morning, Sanskrit on Tuesday and Thursday, and Armenian Literature on Monday, Wednesday, Friday
(b) Latin in the afternoon and Sanskrit and Armenian Literature on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
(c) Latin in the afternoon, Sanskrit on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday,and Armenian Literature on Tuesday and Thursday
(d) Latin in the morning and Sanskrit and Armenian Literature on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
(e) Latin in the afternoon, Armenian Literature on Monday, Wednesda and Friday, and Celtic Literature on Tuesday
11. Which of the following gives the greatest number of alternatives for scheduling Celtic Literature, assuming that all other courses
(a) Latin in the afternoon and Armenian Literature Monday, Wednesday and Friday
(b) Sanskrit on Tuesday and Thursday and Armenian Literature on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
(c) Latin in the afternoon and Armenian Literature Tuesday and Thursday
(d) Latin in the morning and Sanskrit on Tuesday and Thursday
(e) Sanskrit on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. and Armenian Literature on Tuesday and Thursday
12. If the Celtic instructor insists on holding at least one session on Friday, in which of the following can Tom enroll?
(I) Armenian Literature on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
(II) Sanskrit on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) both I and II
(d) I or II but not both
(e) neither I nor II
13. Which of the following additional courses, meeting as indicated, can Tom take?
(a) Maths–Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10A.M to 12 noon
(b) French–Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 11A.M to 12:30 P.M
(c) English–Tuesday and Thursday from 2 to 4 P.M
(d) Japenese–Tuesday and Thursday from 1 to 3 P.M
(e) Old Norse-Icelandic–Monday only from 12 to 3 P.M
(1) Ashland is north of East Liverpool and west of Coshocton
(2) Bowling Green is north of Ashland and west of Fredericktown
(3) Dover is south and east of Ashland
(4) East Liverpool is north of Fredricktown and east of Dover
(5) Fredricktown is north of Dover and west of Ashland
(6) Coshocton is south of Fredricktown and west of Dover
14. Which of the towns mentioned is furthest to the northwest ?
(b) Bowling Green
(d) East Liverpool
15. Which of the following must be both north and east of Fredricktown?
(III) East Liverpool
(a) I only
(b) II only
(c) III only
(d) I and II
(e) I and III
16. Which of the following towns must be situated both south and west of at least one other town?
(a) Ashland only
(b) Ashland and Fredricktown
(c) Dover and Fredricktown
(d) Dover,Coshocton and Fredricktown
(e) Dover,Coshocton and East Liverpool
17. Which of the following statements, if true, would make the information in the numbered statements more specific?
(a) Coshocton is north of Dover
(b) East Liverpool is north of Dover
(c) Ashland is east of Bowling Green
(d) Coshocton is east of Fredericktown
(e) Bowling Green is north of Fredericktown
We have more Satyam Computers Sample Placement Papers, Test Question Paper Booklets with solutions/ answers, hr and technical interview questions with group discussion / gd topics for satyam and other companies.