Security Questions from Microsoft India Placement Test Question Paper:
1. How do you use RSA for both authentication and secrecy?
2. What is ARP and how does it work?
3. What’s the difference between a switch and a router?
4. Name some routing protocols? (RIP,OSPF etc..)
5. How do you do authentication with message digest(MD5)? (Usually MD is used for finding tampering of data)
6. How do you implement a packet filter that distinguishes following cases and selects first case and rejects second case.
i) A host inside the corporate n/w makes a ftp request to outside host and the outside host sends reply.
ii) A host outside the network sends a ftp request to host inside. for the packet filter in both cases the source and destination fields will look the same.
Networks and Security Placement / Employment / Recruitment Test Technical Interview Questions
7. How does traceroute work? Now how does traceroute make sure that the packet follows the same path that a previous (with ttl – 1) probe packet went in?
8. Explain Kerberos Protocol ?
9. What are digital signatures and smart cards?
10. Difference between discretionary access control and mandatory access control?