TCS Placement PAPER – 07 OCT 2006 – HYDERABAD
Hi guys. I am giving a detailed TCS Placement Paper for you. This paper was not difficult. Most of the questions can be answered well if u have studied RS Aggarwal. For some other reasoning questions, you should study the GRE books like baron’s. If u study the previous papers well, then its quite a breeze for you. Just chill and have patience.
There were 3 sets in the exam. The questions weren’t much different in the sets but the order of the questions was quite different.
The paper had 3 sections.
I. Verbal Ability
II. Aptitude Paper
III. Critical Reasoning
TCS Verbal Ability : (32)
Tawdry – meretricious
Equanimity – calmness
Garrulous – Talkative
precipate – Dilatory
Propitious – unfavorable
Orthodox – unconventionality
Stress is laid upon the English Language in the TCS Placement Papers as it can be seen here. You have to prepare the synonyms and antonyms good.
There was a passage and 6 questions were asked from it. Passage was about Blacks and Whites. The change to be brought to raise the equality between blacks and whites.
In the following 6 questions, fill in the blanks with sentence given below into a passage.
The passages were based on Fangs. Read Barons 12th Edition Page 102
II. Important Aptitude Questions and answers(40)
1) In the word ORGANISATION if we exchange first with the second, second with the third, third with fourth and so on. Then what will be the 10th letter from right?
1.G 2.N 3.A 4.R
2) What is the largest prime no that will fit in 6 bit memory?
1.65 2. 61 3. 67 4.63
3) The program size is N. The memory occupied by the program is M=4000sqrt(N). If the program size is increased by 1%. Then what is the percentage increase in memory?
1. 0.1% 2.0.4% 3.0.5% 4.2% Ans: 0.5%
4) In two dimensional array X(7,9) each element occupies 8 bytes of memory. If the address of first element X(1,1) is 3000 then what will be the address of the element X(5,8) ?
5) Which of the following highest Standard deviation
a.5,0,5,0,5,0 b) 5,5,5,5,5,5 c) 5,5,5,5,0,5 d) -5, 5, -5, 5,-5, 5
6) g(0)= 1, G(1)=-1 ,G(N) = G(N-1)+G(N-2) , g(6)=?
1. -2 2. 3 3. 1 4 0
7) A power unit is there by the bank of a 900 meter wide river. A cable is made from power unit to power a plant opposite to that of the river and 3000 meter away from the power unit. The cost of the cable below water Rs 5 / meter and cost of cable on the bank is Rs 4/meter. Find the point where the cable cut through the river.
1.2800 2. 3000 3. 2100 4.3900 Ans: 2100
Such type of questions can be found in RS Aggarwal and Baron’s book.
8) In madras, temperature at noon varies according to t^2/3 + 4t + 12, where t is elapsed time. Find how much tem more or less in 6 pm to 8 pm.(not exactly 6 and 9 but other values are given.. remember ” -” sign was not there before t)
9) Which of the following are orthogonal pairs:
a) 5i+3j=7 b) i=-j c) 2i-j=3 d) 3i=5j+6
1.a&d 2.a&c 3.c&d 4.b&d
10) My flight takes of at 2am from a place at 18N 65E and landed 9Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N40W. What is the local time when my plane landed? 1.8.00pm 2.6.00pm 3.4.00am 4.6.40pm
11) The number X in decimal system is given by (1432) x find the base value of X a} 5 b) 6 c) 7 d) 8 e) 9
12) Which shape will be obtained by using these values of x and y?
Ans: Y= log10(X)
13)Number of edges, faces, vertices and of a cube
1.12,6,8 2.6,8,12 3.4 ,6, 8 4.8,12,6
14) A, B and C are 8 bit no’s. They are as follows:
A -> 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1
B -> 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C -> 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0
Find ((A u C) u B)
15) 2 student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.4 and 1.65 in final exam respectively. What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam? (not exactly same values)
16) Which is the power of 4? 1024, 4048.
17) Pick the odd one out
a) SYBASE b)DB2 c)ORACLE d)JAVA 5)INGRESS
18) one question based on curves —- some graph related to tanx
19) pick the odd one out
a) SMTP b)ARP c)HTTP d)BAAN e)WAP
20) Find the result of the following expression if, M denotes modules operation, R denotes round-off, T denotes truncations M(363,5)+R(5.8) +T(7,7)-R(3.8)
21) If A, B, C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce fuel wastage by 25%, 20%, 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used together? Answer is 46
22) Match the following:
1. Mammal, cow – a. A type of
2. Snake reptile – b. A part of
3. Roof – Building – c. Not a type of
4. Mushroom – Vegetables – d. A superset of
23) b v f q q m b v f m g v f f v f m b v f b g
d v f a m v f v f f
How many v ‘s are such that each v is followed by f next to it, if the f is not followed by f next to it.
24) If VXUPLVH is written as SURMISE, what is COVER?
25) A problem on modulo(373,7)+round(5.8)+truncat(7.2)-round(3.4)
26) Bucket size is 10KB.it takes 0.0001 KB/milisec to fill bucket. The bucket takes 100 or 1000 milisec to reach to the destination. It takes 100 milisec to pass acknowledgement from destination to source. So calculate how much time it will take to pass N KB, You have to write the formula for that.
27) Given a Bar Diagram. Don’t confuse between percentages and values ( 3 questions asked on this)
28) A Venn Diagram based question ….3 Questions asked. Subjects are given like Physics, Hindi and English.
There are various other reasoning and verbal / non verbal questions but all of them are often repeated or just the values are changed in them. This makes a new question. You can such questions in other placement papers and reasoning, aptitude, English sections here.
3) Critical Reasoning Questions:
There are 3 passages and 12 questions. These can be found in baron’s 3rd edition book.
1) Passage relating Hindi Telugu English French German known by A B C D E (Easy one)
2) Passage based on Museum’s and
3) Passage based on Bridge, tunnel and Highway
You can study the previous papers of reasoning in order to equip yourself with better knowledge about how to quickly solve such questions. RS Aggarwal and Baron’s GRE Book are considered the best ones to prepare for these tests. These are mostly easy but do require some practice to do them real fast. So study the previous resources to have better chances of clearing the TCS test paper questions. Good luck. See more TCS freshers, software developers, BPO placement papers with HR and latest technical interview questions.