TCS Placement Paper Mathematics Maths Questions:
1. Find the next number:
5,6,7,8,10,11,14,? ANS: 18
2. BFGE coded as cehd then code PVHDJ
3. Find the no. of y followed by w but that is not
followed by z.
Y W R U D D Y W Z ……………
4. Which is the largest 8 bit number stored in 8 bit pattern?
5.Which will give good standard deviation
(A few values are given)
6. Which is not a side of a rectangle
1. (2,3,4) 2.(3,4,7) 3. (3,5,9)
8. Write the equation for this curve.
A line intersects x at -1 when the y is equal to 0 and x=0 when y is equal to 3 and goes upward
9. A man , woman and a boy do a job together in six days. A man doing it alone can do it in 10 days while a woman can do it in 24 days when doing it alone. Find the time taken by the boy to do it alone?
11. An airplane starts from a (some latitude is given
according to place) at 4 am local time to b (some
latitude). travellling time is 10 hours. What is the
local time of b when it reaches b
12. A File is sent from a place to some given destination capable of 30 kb. They give some rate
of transfer. Find the equation for this.
13. What are the number of vertices, edges and faces in a planar cube. A question can asked about this.
14. A Venn diagram is given It is regarding languages.
1. How many people know English more than French
2. How many people knows all the three languages
Some other questions from this venn diagram.
15, 16 and 17th are regarding analyzing information from chart (its quite simple), etc.
18. MATCH THE FOLLOWING
1. SENTENCE, PARAGRAPH 1. TYPE OF
2. BASMATI, WHEAT 2. A PART OF
3. BROTHER, SISTER 3. NOT A TYPE OF
4. BREIGAL, DOG 4. SIBLING
ANS: 1-> 2 2->1 3->3 4->4
19. G (0) =1 G (1)=-1 IF G (N)=2*(G (N-1))-3(G(N-2))
Find the value of G (4)?
Here you just have to substitute the values in the given equation and then find out the required thing using simple mathematics.
20. A 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
( A U B ) P C (try finding out such types of placement paper questions and practice these. These are quite easy but can be time consuming sometimes.)
21. TIME DEGREE
2 7 ° 6′ 43.15″
4 5° 31′ 4.3″
Then what will be the degree when time is 3 o clock (simple angle finding question related to clocks)
See more of mathematics questions for placement papers and other college and school admission test papers. The test papers questions for companies are quite similar and its not that the questions for the different MNCs are totally unique. You can practice any paper for good preparation.