TCS Old Placement Paper Aptitude Questions:
1) If 2 pencils cost 8 cents, then how much will 5 pencils cost
a) 20 cents
2) A work is done by two people in 24 min. One of them can do this work a lonely in 40 min. How much time is required to do the same work for the second person
a) 60 minutes
3) A car is filled with four and a half gallons of oil for full round trip. Fuel is taken 1/4 gallons more in going than coming. What is the fuel consumed in coming up.
a) 2 gallons
4) Low temperature at night in a city is 1/3 more than 1/2 hinge as higher temperature in a day. Sum of the low and high temperature is 100 c. Then what is the low temperature?
5) A person who decided to go weekend trip should not exceed 8 hours driving in a day. The average speed of forward journey should be 40 kmph. Due to huge traffic on Sundays the return journey average speed is 30 kmph. How far can he select a picnic spot?
Given are the aptitude questions for a previous tcs placement paper with answers / solutions. Download free.
6) A sales person multiplied a number and get the answer is 3 instead of that number divided by 3. What is the answer he actually has to get?
7) a ship started from a port and moving with I mph and another ship started from L and moving with H mph. At which place these two ships meet.
a) Between I and J and close to J
8) A building with height D ft shadow up to G. A neighbor building with what height shadow C ft is a)B ft
9) a person was fined for exceeding the speed limit by 10mph.another person was also fined for exceeding the same speed limit by twice the same if the second person was traveling at a speed of 35 mph. find the speed limit
10)a bus started from bus stand at 10.00am and after 30 minutes staying at destination it returned back to the bus stand. The destination is 27 miles from the bus stand the speed of the bus 50 percent faster. At what time it returns to the bus stand.
11) in a mixture, R is two parts, s is one part in order to make s to 25% of the mixture, how much r is to be added
a) one part
12) Wind flows 160 miles in 330min. How much time is required for 80 miles
13) vehicle travels 12 miles with 4/5 full tank, with 1/3 full tank how much distance travels
a) 5 miles
14) There are two trees. one tree grows at the rate of 3/5 of the other. In 4 years the total growth of two trees is 8 ft. What growth will the smaller tree will have in 2 years.
a) 2 ft
15) A storm will move with a velocity of — towards the center in — at the same rate. How far will it have gone in — hours?