Wipro Placement Paper
Written : Mainly OS, Datastructures, C and CO .
Answers : Check them. They have not been verified.
1. On Deadlock : Trivial answer, Shared Data
2. CPU Utilization:
given CPU time : 20 %
paging : 97.7%
I/O : 5.33 %
Which of the following is not likely to improve CPU Utilization:
Ans: (Out of the given options) Installing a faster CPU
3. Bubble sort : Given sequence of numbers what will be order of sequences after two iterations.
Ans: Its difficult but you should have understand about the Bubble sort. Its an important topic for interviews.
4. Bubble sort : how many swap operations took place in the above process?
5. What data structures should you use for dictionary searching and should they be capable of spell check?
6. Which is the best scheduling algorithm
(You have to find one from the five given ones)
Ans.: Shortest Job First with Pre-emption
7. If a numbering system uses 0 , 1 and Z where Z stands for -1
what is the value of 6.25 :
Z01 = 1*1 + 0*2 + (-1)*4
Ans: You can easily find out by trial and error but other side of dot will proceed as 1/2, 1/4 …
8. What is the value of 121 base 4 + 84 base 16 ?
Ans : 2130
9. What Aliases stands for ………..?
10.What is the value of
ABCD + AB’C'D’ + AB’C'D + AB’C'D’ ?
( Expression may not be the exact one as shown above)
11 & 12. You have to find the output of a given C language code.
13. One questions on CO (quite time taking question)
14. Given three trees and one sequence of alphabets, we are supposed to find which operation was performed on the tress to get that result. ie. either preorder, postorder or inorder.
Answer: all preorder
15. When the function is called where is the return address stored?
16. How does the compiler support recursion?
There were like 5 more questions which are not available.
Some more placement paper questions:
1) One rectangular plate with length 8 inches,breadth 11 inches and 2 inches thickness is there.what is the length of the circular rod with diameter 8 inches and equal to volume of rectangular plate?
2) What is the number of zeros at the end of the product of the numbers from 1 to 100
3) in some game 139 members have participated every time one fellow will get bye what is the number of matches to choose the champion to be held?
4) one fast typist types some material in 2 hours and another slow typist types the same material in 3 hours. If both do it together, in how much time they will finish.
Ans: 1hour and 12 minutes
5) in 8*8 chess board what is the total number of squares (8 by 8 square board)
6) Falling height is proportional to square of the time. One object falls 64 cm in 2 seconds than in 6 seconds from how much height the object will fall.
7) Sunil Gavaskar’s average in first 50 innings was 50. After the 51st innings his average was 51 how many runs he made in the 51st innings?
Quick Calculation: total runs / 50 = 50
now (total runs + x) / 51 = 51
8) Again the same type of mathematical question:
2 oranges,3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15 . 3 ornages 2 bananas
1 apple cost Rs 10. what is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and
3 apples Ans is Rs 15.
Solution: Let cost of 1 orange is x, cost of 1 banana is y, cost of one apple is z rupees. So we can have two equations 2x + 3y + 4z = 15 and 3x + 2y +1z = 10
Then solving these equations we can find out the price of each fruit.
9) one out of 80 coins is counterfiet. What is minimum number of weighings to find out counterfiet coin. (may be one if we say generally) But the answer can be different if we consider probability of finding the right coin.
10) In a company 30% are supervisors and 40% employees are male if 60% of supervisors are male. what is the probability
that a randomly choosen employee is a male or female?
11)statement: all green are blue are blue, all blue are white conclusion:
I) some blue are green II) some white are green
III)some green are not white IV) all white are blue
a) he has given four choices like gre type
12)all teachers are students. some students are girls.
this type of questions are there. Dont go much deeper into probability in the mathematical section. Many students find probability to be difficult. So just study and practise the easy part of the probability section and leave the difficult calculations in the mathematical section.
Wipro Aptitude test questions:
1)33 1/3 of 101 + 296 is
2)0.625= ? (ans 27/40)
3) One ship goes along the stream direction 28 km and in opposite direction 13 km in 5 hrs for each direction.What is the velocity of stream?
(ans 1.5 kmph)
4)Cubic root of 3375=?
6. Tables and chairs problem. You have to find the cost or the profit. Such questions are easy and common in RS aggarwal.
5 chairs=9 tables,12 tables = 7 stools like that-
(ans is 80 Rs)
7)One clock rings 7 O’clock in 7 sec.In how many seconds it will ring 10 O’clock.
(ans 10.5 sec)
8)One watch is showing 30 past 3. Find the angle between minutes & hours hand?
(ans 75 degrees)
9)The average of 4 consecutive even numbers is 27. Which of these is the largest number?
10) 25 stations, 24 stations are in between – -
How many tickets should be required.
For puzzles see the shakuntala devi book.
11)One ball was dropped from a height of 8 feet and every time it goes half of the height. How much distance it will travel before coming to rest.
(ans 24 approximately) (quite an interesting question) I think here you have to use the GP Series
12) Two trains are travelline at equilateral.Train A is travelling in the direction of earths spin.Other train B is travelling in opposite direction of earths spin.Which trains wheels will wear first?and why?
(ans TRAIN B. The reason is lesser centrifugal force.)