There was a technical interview followed by the HR interview. Following were the questions asked:
Wipro Technical Interview:
1.Tell me about yourself
(A brief description of yourself followed by what your technical skills are)
2.I’ll first ask some questions on Software Engineering, followed by those in C and then about your projects.
(Though I didn’t mention SE in my resume nor did I mention any project in SE, he was keen to ask questions in SE)
3. What are the different models of SDLC?
4. Differentiate between Spiral and Incremental model?
5. What is the disadvantage of Incremental model? Give an example to explain.
6. What do you mean by the Design phase? What are the tools that can be used in this phase?
7. Coming to C, what is hashing? Why do we use hashing and not arrays? How do we implement a Hash table?
8. What are function pointers? Give the syntax for the same.
9. Why do we use pointers in C at all?
10. You know about structures and union. Why is Union used? Give a real life example in which you’ll use union?
11. What is SSL?
12. What is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS?
13. Explain two of your projects (one should be FYP).
(This round took around 20 minutes)
Wipro HR Interview:
The interview was such that no prior preparation could be done. The only preparation required was for questions like why did you skip some companies. If you say you skipped 6 companies for Wipro, you need to convince them why did you do so for a company like Wipro. They too don’t expect that you’ll give that kind of answer. you should just have a reason behind your selection of companies.
1. Tell me about yourself. She picked up some points in between and asked about them.
2. (We were asked to fill a form containing our details, including strengths and weaknesses) She asked about the weaknesses.
Tell how you are trying to overcome that weakness.
3. What were the companies whose tests you took before Wipro?
A. Oracle and Convergys.
4. Why not TCS and Infosys?
5. Why Wipro now? How can it help you in building your career?
6. Are you hopeful in getting into Wipro?
7. My questions end here, do you have any questions to ask?
(I asked about the difference in the nature of training provided two months before joining Wipro and the three months training provided after joining Wipro.)
(This round took around 15 minutes)
The questions in Wirpo HR were easier as compared to the those asked last year as they involved knowledge about self only.
What I judged was that they were looking at communication skills, clarity of goals, strengths and weaknesses. These are the questions I remember. Though there were some more based on my answers.
See more Latest Wipro, Infosys, HCL, Satyam Computers, IBM, Microsoft, HP, Dell, Esys, TCS Technical, HR Interviews and Latest 2008 full placement paper whole free test question papers here. Download free.