Here is the BIRLASOFT PAPER ON 5th JUNE AT BHUBANESWAR COLLEGE of engineering at bhubaneswar, Orissa.
Complete Placement paper – whole test paper pattern:
A total of 2100 students appeared from 22 colleges of orissa. It was an off-campus recruitment drive. 200 were selected in the written round. It was followed a GD in which 38 students were able to clear. The next round was a technical cum PI round in which finally 16 were selected and I was among the luckiest 16.
The Birlasoft selection procedure comprised 3 rounds.
The first round was a written multiple choice questions test round.
There were a total of 50 questions of multiple choice type. There was a cut off of 32 marks. Each question carried 1 mark. There was no negative marking. The paper included questions from BOOLEAN ALGEBRA, Technical questions from RDBMS like Denormalisation, JAVA, C Computer Language and OOPS – object oriented programming language.
The English section included antonyms, synonyms, sentences with nearly the same meaning which required identification of the correct sentence, and aptitude questions similar to that of the questions from R.S.Aggarwal There was no Sectional cut off.
The second round was a GD round.
My topic was CASTE BASED POLITICS. Try to initiate and conclude the GD debate. Give others a chance to speak. What matters is how much patient you are and give opportunity to others. Do not get excited and do not make it a fishmarket.
The next day, there was a technical cum personal hr interview – PI round for those who cleared the written test and after that the GD round. Questions were like:
The questions he asked were:
A: Sir, we have all Computer Science subjects like Artificial Intelligence, Microprocessor and Microcontroller, Computer Networking, Computer Architecture and Organisation, Automation Theory, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Operating System and two Mathematics papers as Discrete Mathematics Structure and Optimization Engineering.
Other questions like:
1. What is the difference between C and C++?
2. What is the difference between Top Down Approach and Bottom Up Approach?
3. What is Friend Function and where and when is it used?
4. Can we use ‘main’ anywhere in the program?
5. What is Function Overloading and Function Overriding?
6. What is Exception handling in JAVA and how can we overcome it?
These were most of the Technical questions.
The HR questions were as follows.
1. Tell me about yourself?
2. So you are a good motivator. Cite an example in your real life how you motivated someone to do a work?
3. You have written that you were the Head Girl of your School. So what responsibilities did you handle during that period?
4. What all social activities do you do in your community?
5. You are an NCC certificate holder. What all activities did you do during that period?
6. Do you want to ask any questions?