Samtel India was hiring engineers / graduates for its plant. Here is the recruitment test question paper held in January 2004. See the sample written test questions here.
1. a is 5 miles east of b . c is 10 miles southeast of b. Find distance between a and c.
ans is root 34 .( ans is correct , qs may be wrong )
2. Distance between a, b is 60 miles, c is 50 miles from both. Find shortest distance between c and the highway connecting a b.
3. Area of 2 squares are in the ratio 2:1 Find the ratio of their perimeters.
4. 2x+y= 2y+x find x-y .
5. *(*9) , * means twice the no. minus 10 ,
6. A tank can be filled in 6 minutes by a pipe supplying 5 cu ft. Length is 4 ft , breadth is half of length. Find height.
7. x/3=y/z then 9y^2=??
8. 2 number on multiplecation gives 10, when added gives 7. What is the largest of the two numbers
9. 36 chairs must be arranged in atleast 3 rows, minimum 3 chairs in each row, all rows are parellel. Find the number of rows.
10. There are 30 socks 60% are red. Rest blue. Find the minimum number of socks to be taken out to have atleast two blues.
11. A holds 40% shares. b holds 15000 shares, c holds 25% more than a. How many shares does b have?
12. 75 % of distance is covered at average speed of v miles /hrs in t time. Remaining at an average at an average speed of s.
ans : vt/3s
13. x=y=2z , x*y*z=256 , find x .
Being a realist.
If one ate in the restuarant.
All are given in gmat guide